February 10, 2013

Uninstall Squeeze Archive Manager

I love XFCE4. I dislike Squeeze Archive Manager.  It fails to unzip certain files.

When I tried to sudo aptitude purge squeeze, it always told me it would also remove xfce4-goodies. I didn't want all the goodies un-installed. But finally I typed "Y" ... go ahead, i'll add them myself if I have to -- i want squeeze OFF!

Well it seemed to hold all the goodies, and just removed the xfce4-goodies name....  But when I installed a new package it indeed started to remove all the goodies.

so I copied and pasted the "removing XXXXXX" lines and then reinstalled them:
sudo aptitude install hddtemp xfburn libburn4 libthunar-vfs-1-2 libhal-storage1 libhal1 libisofs6 libjte1 libthunar-vfs-1-common xfce4-verve-plugin xfce4-timer-plugin xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin xfce4-notes-plugin xfce4-notes xfce4-mailwatch-plugin xfce4-dict xfce4-datetime-plugin xfce4-cpufreq-plugin xfprint4 libxfcegui4-4 mousepad ristretto xfce4-artwork xfce4-battery-plugin xfce4-clipman-plugin xfce4-clipman xfce4-cpugraph-plugin xfce4-diskperf-plugin xfce4-fsguard-plugin xfce4-genmon-plugin xfce4-mount-plugin xfce4-netload-plugin xfce4-places-plugin xfce4-sensors-plugin xfce4-systemload-plugin xfce4-taskmanager xfce4-wavelan-plugin xfce4-weather-plugin xfce4-xkb-plugin
and i need an archive manager so...
sudo aptitude install xarchiver
You may also want some certain utilities:
sudo aptitude install zip unzip rar unrar arj p7zip-full
now relax.
--------
Please consider crypto tipping:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, Suggestions or "Thank you's" Invited! If you have used this info in any way, please comment below and link/link-back to your project (if applicable). Please Share.
I accept Bitcoin tips of ANY amount to: 1GS3XWJCTWU7fnM4vfzerrVAxmnMFnhysL
I accept Litecoin tips of ANY amount to: LTBvVxRdv2Lz9T41UzqNrAVVNw4wz3kKYk